Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Catrice "Pulse of Purism" Limited Editions


Hello lovelies!

A long while ago, I bought one of Catrice's limited editions (well, only the nail polishes): "Pulse of Purism". I didn't get around to posting them, but on the off-chance that they're still in your local drugstore, I figured: better late than never! The nail polish part of this collection comprises of three cremes and 1 special effect topper. 


Let's start with C03 "Pure Hibiscocoon", a coral creme which is opaque in two coats. 


I then applied "Minimalist Melted Metal", a weird gold special effect lacquer with a steel brush, which creates this strange effect:



I didn't like it one bit. I thought.. maybe top coat?


Hmmm... so maybe some stamping? I used C02 "PuREDfied Simplicity" and BP-L043.





That's better, right? So let's have a look at C02 "PuREDfied Simplicity" now, a burgundy creme and very opaque.



Maybe this looks better with the brushed metal effect?



Nope... maybe with top coat?



Hmmm.. not particularly. I stamped it with BP-L043 again and BPS black.



Not really a winning combo, IMO... So let's continue with C01 "Pure Blues", a toned down pastel blue creme, opaque in two coats.


This looks slightly better with the brushed metal than the others, but not much...


So I stamped it with a Essie "The Perfect Cover Up" and BP-L043!



None of these manis were really exciting, so I decided to combine all polishes, ignoring the brushed metal effect and just do a dotticure gradient:



This I loved :) The shades look awesome together and made for an interesting dotticure combo.


All in all, I love the cremes of this collection; they're very opaque and apply easily. The brushed metal effect is not for me, however. So you may not have missed much, as the other shades are probably not that hard to find elsewhere.

What do you think?



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!