Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Essence Peel Off Base Coat Review - Ideal For Glitter Nail Polish!

Hello!! 

Today I have something brilliant for you glitter polish lovers: Essence's Peel Off Base Coat. I already showed a trick with aluminium foil, but this trick is even better. Let's see it in action!

First apply a nice and thick coat of the base coat on a naked nail. It starts out as an opaque white goo and you want it to dry until it is completely transparent. Here you see it half-way the drying process (top finger coat has dried completely and is transparent; bottom two fingers are still half opaque):


After it has dried completely, you apply your nail polish. I used Golden Rose Jolly Jewels no. 113, as shown in yesterday's Swatch-It Sunday. It kept for 2 days, not bad! Then it started to chip and I started peeling:



After you're done peeling, there will be some residue: 



You can easily remove this with nail polish remover. So in the end all you're left with is this: 


Conclusion: the Peel Off Base Coat works very well. It is very important to apply a thick coat, it will peel off much easier then. I'm super happy to have discovered this!

xoxoxo
Captain

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!