Prettifying the world one nail at a time.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Neon Cartoon Nails with Esmaltes Fantastic de Vogue

Hey lovelies!


Today's mani is inspired by two things: first, I wanted to create something awesome with the gorgeous polishes my Columbian friend got me and second; Cutepolish put this in my head and I had to do it! The two merged and this is their baby:




I used Vogue "Neon Mango", "Neon Limón", "Neon Violeta" and "Cítrico" for the orange, green, pink and yellow respectively. For the blue, I used Hema no. 12. The Vogue neons have a matte finish, which is great (and dries fast)! Application is very easy, though opacity is not reached with two coats. Since I was going to do nail art anyway, I only applied a third layer for the yellow. Then I took out a black striper and outlined my nails. Then, with a white striper, also from Vogue ("Blanco Armino"), I painted a white curve and with some white and my trusty dotting tool, I placed a dot beneath the curve. Then I sealed everything with a fast-drying topcoat and then mattified it again with 2 layers of Hema Matte top coat. (This may seem redundant, but I wanted the whole design matte, and since matte top coat tends to smear the design, I first used a normal one.)

I love it! It seams as though my nails are fake, make-belief paper thingies. And the colours, whoa! Love them!! 



What do you think of this design?

xoxoxo
Captain

4 comments :

  1. Cool! I always like these manis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! The colours are so bright! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it was super fun to wear this one, so happy! :D You can easily recreate this, I'd love to see your take on this!

      Delete

I love it if people leave comments, they make my day! However, please don't post links to web pages, because I will delete these comments!